We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Easy pasta
Onions and mushrooms are cooked in butter, then tossed with soured cream and vegetable stock to make a creamy sauce for pasta or mashed potatoes.
634 people made this
- 1/2 (500g) pack egg noodles
- 50g butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 350g portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 350ml vegetable stock
- 350ml soured cream
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:30min
- Cook egg noodles according to packet instructions. Remove from heat, drain, and set aside.
- At the same time, melt butter in a large heavy frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, and cook, stirring until softened. Turn the heat up to medium-high, and add sliced mushrooms. Cook until the mushrooms are limp and browned. Remove to a bowl, and set aside.
- In the same pan, stir in vegetable stock, being sure to stir in any browned bits off the bottom of the pan. Bring to the boil, and cook until the mixture has reduced by 1/3. Reduce heat to low, and return the mushrooms and onion to the pan.
- Remove the pan from the heat, stir together the soured cream and flour; then blend into the mushrooms. Return the pan to the burner, and continue cooking over low heat, just until the sauce thickens. Stir in the parsley, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve over cooked egg noodles.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(597)
Reviews in English (466)
Used different ingredients.I used creme fraiche instead of soured cream as it was all i had, also used cheapest mushrooms, tasted just as great!-11 Jun 2009
Made it healthier.I used gluten free plain flour instead of regular plain flour. Reduced fat soured cream for less fat. Swapped the noodles for rice. It made the meal gluten free and is absolutly delicious.Since finding out I have a cows milk allergy I now use tofutti sour supreme instead of sour cream and it comes out yummy every time.-21 Apr 2011
Good way to use up mushrooms! Very yummy!-22 Apr 2013
Creamy Mushroom Stroganoff
Doesn’t this creamy Mushroom Stroganoff bring back a lot of memories? Maybe of a much simpler time, sitting around Mom’s table to her weekly Beef Stroganoff?
Ooh man, that sauce! That sauce was a meal all by itself!
To recreate those memories I knew I’d have to make a veganized version, maybe a mushroom stroganoff….and this recipe was the result.
As the name implies, Mushroom Stroganoff uses mushrooms as the meat replacement and I used a creamy Tofu Sour Cream sauce that will instantly remind you of sitting around that dinner table at moms.
You can, of course, use whatever pasta you want, but I like to use Brown Rice Pasta to keep it Gluten-Free.
It has that same Sour Cream ‘tang’ that we remember. And boy oh boy is it good!
Note: Now since this IS one of my very first recipes, originally posted back in January of 2015, you may be noticing that’s something’s just a little bit different.
That’s right, I just gave it a facelift!
All new photos. A video coming soon. And a slight tweak to the original recipe.
It’s was already a classic recipe – but those old photos were absolutely horrible! I think I took them on my smartphone! (I’ll post one below for comparison).
See? I told you they were bad!
Anyway, ready to make some Stroganoff?
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups hot water
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans golden mushroom soup (such as Campbell's®)
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- ¼ cup dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 (16 ounce) package egg noodles
Crumble ground beef into a large skillet over medium heat sprinkle with seasoned salt. Cook and stir until completely browned, 7 to 10 minutes. Drain excess grease from skillet and return to heat. Stir onion, nutmeg, and cloves into the beef.
Whisk hot water and flour together in a bowl until smooth pour over beef mixture and mix. Stir mushroom soup into the beef mixture. Place a cover on the skillet. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stirring occasionally, cook at a simmer until thickened, about 30 minutes.
Whisk sour cream, parsley, and dry mustard together in a bowl. Stir sour cream mixture into the beef mixture season with salt and black pepper. Continue cooking at a simmer uncovered until hot, 15 to 20 minutes.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook egg noodles in the boiling water until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 5 minutes drain. Transfer noodles to a large bowl. Ladle beef mixture over the noodles and mix.
This creamy mushroom stroganoff is an absolute dream
It’s autumn, which also means that it’s mushroom season, baby! We’re celebrating by making this fantastic mushroom stroganoff – using ALL of the mushrooms, and Woolworths fresh gnocchi for a modern spin.
Heat 2-3 T olive oil in a pan and add 3 packs of sliced mixed mushrooms in batches. Fry until browned, then strain off the liquid and set aside. In the same pan, fry 3 sliced shallots and 2 crushed garlic cloves until translucent. Add half a cup of veggie stock and bring back the fried mushrooms cook until the mixture reduces by half. Add 6 T plain yoghurt or cream and ½ cup sour cream. Stir through and season to taste. For the gnocchi, fry Woolworths fresh gnocchi or Gorgonzola-filled gnocchi in butter until cooked through. Serve the gnocchi with generous scoops of the mushroom sauce – and enjoy!
Feeling inspired to start cooking with mushrooms?
We love this ingredient for its versatility and ability to soak up delicious flavours and spices. Whether you opt for a large, firm brown mushroom with its robust, earthy taste (perfect for stews and casseroles), or the mild, nutty flavour of the Portabellini mushroom (ideal for salads, soups and sauces), there’s no end to the delicious dishes you can create.
The TASTE team is a happy bunch of keen cooks and writers, always on the look out for the next food trend or the next piece of cake.
Vegetarian comfort food, to be exact! Because we don’t need meat to curl up in cozy sweats with a piping hot bowl of yum!
This dreamy, creamy mushroom stroganoff combines the luscious sauce and pasta stroganoff combo with hearty mushrooms in place of beef and doesn’t sacrifice flavor one bit!
This comforting pasta dish is one of our favorites right now. We keep buying mushrooms on repeat to make it along with my go-t0 One-Pot Orzo Pasta with Garlic, Parmesan, and Mushrooms and Stuffed Mushroom Casserole. The mushroom love is real, yo!
If you get a chance to try this creamy mushroom stroganoff, let me know! You can leave me a comment here (LOVE checking those daily!) or tag @PEASandCRAYONS on Instagram so I can happy dance over your creations. I can’t wait to see what you whip up!
- Use a large enough skillet! The mushrooms will have a huge volume when raw, so you need a lot of space to cook them.
- Make sure to cook the mushrooms until all of their juices have evaporated! That’s when they are fully softened and full of flavor.
- Don’t burn the flour, use medium heat when stirring it into the mushrooms. It should stay light in color without any browning!
- Always stir the sauce well to keep any lumps from forming.
- Only use the lowest heat setting when tossing the noodles in the sauce. The sour cream can split when you heat it up too much and your sauce will end up looking like chewing gum. Not pleasant! So, use the lowest heat setting and don’t overdo it – 30 to 60 seconds will be enough.
Season your beef with salt and pepper. I use steaks or a small roast to make this dish. Frankly I buy whatever is on sale. I usually keep some thinly sliced with salt and pepper all over it in my freezer. so I can make this dish whenever I am missing my grandmother or the craving hits!
Place 2-3 tablespoons of butter in a large non-stick frying pan over medium to medium high heat and wait for it to melt.
Once melted and sizzling, sear the sliced beef until browned.
Transfer to a plate and set aside.
Cover loosely with tinfoil if desired. To be honest I never do because my grandmother didn’t.
Add remaining butter to the pan. Next, add your onions and fry them until they are starting to become tender.
Add the garlic and stir until combined.
Finally add your mushrooms and fry until they are tender, about 10 more minutes.
Return the beef strips to the pan. Add the beef broth and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer.
Sprinkle the flour or cornstarch all over the top of the beef mixture and stir to combine. That is the way she did it. You can also remove a scoop of sauce into a measuring cup and stir flour or cornstarch with it until blended and then return it to your skillet if you prefer.
Taste the beef mixture. You can add tomato paste, red wine or crushed red pepper flakes at this point if desired. I don’t usually but I have and they are sometimes a nice change. You might also find you prefer more salt or pepper. Add it now if necessary.
Simmer on low for around 30 minutes and your sauce has nicely thickened. Stir occasionally while simmering.
Remove and measure sour cream from the fridge and set aside.
Cook egg noodles, rice, potatoes or other pasta according to package instructions while sauce is thickening.
Remove stroganoff from heat.
Stir in sour cream right before you serve over top pasta, mashed potatoes or rice. Enjoy!
Ingredients in mushroom stroganoff
The magic of this mushroom stroganoff recipe happens with loads of mushrooms, a good amount of garlic and onion, flour, white wine, and a few more ingredients. The end result? Thick and creamy mushroom sauce on top of a yummy bed of egg noodles!
- Egg Noodles: We’ll start with 8oz of wide egg noodles. It’s not stroganoff without it!
- Flavor Base: Lay down a delicious base of sautéed onion, garlic, and thyme.
- Mushrooms: As for the mushrooms themselves, you will need 4 heaping cups (about 12 oz). You can use button, shiitake, baby bella, or a mixture (learn about different types of mushrooms here!).
- Flour: Next, you will need 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour to thicken up the sauce.
- Wine: Include ½ cup of dry white wine. This will deglaze our pan, incorporating all the tasty bits that are stuck onto the pan back into our sauce!
- Bouillon: 1 tablespoon of vegetable bouillon (or 3 stock cubes) will add major flavor without watering things down.
- Mustard: Include 1 tsp of Dijon mustard for a pop of zing.
- Greek Yogurt: Finish it off with ½ cup of plain Greek yogurt, which makes this stroganoff creamy and delish!
- 1 Onion , chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic , chopped
- 1 cup Button mushrooms , quatered
- 1 Carrot (Gajjar) , sliced diagonally
- 1 cup Green beans (French Beans) , sliced about to 2 inch
- 1 cup Baby corn , diagonally sliced
- 1 teaspoon Dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Dried Thyme Leaves
- 1/4 cup Fresh cream
- Salt and Pepper , to taste
- Oil For the herbed rice
- 1 cup Cooked rice
- 1 Onion , chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic , chopped
- 1/2 cup Green peas (Matar)
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 6 sprig Fresh oregano
- 3 tablespoon Butter (Salted)
- Salt , to taste
Green Chilli Chicken
A quick and easy twist on a tandoori-style curry from the coastal region of Andhra Pradesh in India.
Kids Mexican Veggie Chilli
Tangy tomato, mild spices and kidney beans make this a scrumptious mini Mexican feast!
Chicken Power Bowl
This isn’t just your average chicken and rice. Packed full of goodness, flavour and colour, power up with this recipe.
Chocolate Bean Brownies
Delicious chocolate bean brownies with pecan nuts and rice flour (yes, that means it’s gluten free too!)
Sign up to our Tilda Newsletter!
We promise to treat your contact details with respect and not sell or pass any data to third parties. All email communications will come from us at Tilda.
© 2021 Tilda Rice We are proud to be part of Ebro Foods S.A.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
|__cfduid||1 month||The cookie is used by cdn services like CloudFare to identify individual clients behind a shared IP address and apply security settings on a per-client basis. It does not correspond to any user ID in the web application and does not store any personally identifiable information.|
|_GRECAPTCHA||5 months 27 days||This cookie is set by Google. In addition to certain standard Google cookies, reCAPTCHA sets a necessary cookie (_GRECAPTCHA) when executed for the purpose of providing its risk analysis.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-advertisement||1 year||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Advertisement".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
|PHPSESSID||session||This cookie is native to PHP applications. The cookie is used to store and identify a users' unique session ID for the purpose of managing user session on the website. The cookie is a session cookies and is deleted when all the browser windows are closed.|
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.